Today's Special Shout-out goes to all of my friends that I have acquired throughout my years at Miami and to the rest of my friends who are graduating and moving on with their futures. This blog post will not necessarily target one thing that I love, but all of the people and experiences that I have known and gained in my four years of college.

For me, it seems natural to be cynical about graduation...what else was I going to do? Sit around on my butt and watch all of my friends go to college and move on with their lives? NOT an option. By the time graduation rolled around it felt like leaving high school, kind of inevitable. But it's true, some people don't make it and some people don't have the opportunity to try and some people are just not cut out for college. It would be naive and snobby of me to say that I don't appreciate the opportunities that have been afforded to me. I had a chance to go to Miami University. I had a chance to walk through a beautiful campus (except after the weekends when there would be beer cans in places that I didn't know beer cans could go) and I had a chance to sit in brand new classrooms, in brand new buildings (even though the business school was off limits to us lowly Arts and Sciences students). Most of all I had the opportunity to learn from great professors (no matter what kind of horrid grades I would get. not my fault.)
If I had know as a freshman that these 4 years were going to fly by quicker than I could say "alcohol induced coma," I would've cherished every moment, every fart (you know who you are), every laugh, every stumble, every hug. It's over now and we will all be moving on to whatever it is that we're moving on to. That guy who came to class drunk and smelly every day will probably be our next president or future CEO of some big corporatioin, but that's the way the world works. Going to college taught me how to question the Universe. Now, when a politician stands in front of me and spews his/her Sarah Palin crap, I will be able to make an educated decision about what is important to me. When I have to go to the doctor and they start using their big words and their medical jargon, I will know what they want from me. Most importantly, I learned that I know nothing. Labels are for people who don't know any better. You can never judge a book by its cover and Miami is the epitome of this. Everyone's reality is different and it all depends on whatever one chooses for oneself. Not to get too serious or anything. I wouldn't want people to think I have a head on my shoulders or anything ridiculous like that.
I will miss my friends and experiences at Miami with every ounce of my being. I will have to find all new friends who will appreciate my rap skillz (yes, with a 'Z') and my insanity. I have established a home in Oxford and right as I was feeling comfortable...BAM...it's snatched away like a toy by a bully...maybe that was a bad analogy? Regradless, I can only assume that I am moving on to bigger and better things. I look forward to seeing what life brings my way (until I get smacked in the face by the pimp hand of life). I wish everyone the best of luck in their endeavors. May happiness, health, and love come to every single person reading this blog (and everyone they know ;-) )
Love,
Diana
No comments:
Post a Comment